An SEO audit checks your website to see how search engine friendly it is. There are many tools you can use to do this or simply hire an SEO expert like Telsa Media to take on the work for you. As Google regularly updates its algorithms, it’s important to check your SEO is up to date with the latest advances.
To check your website, search your brand name in Google and analyse the results. Here are a few things you can check:
- Does Google display site-links with your listing?
- Are the other results listed on the first page of SERPs relevant to your brand?
- Does your homepage appear at the top?
- Is the description below your homepage accurate?
- Is your Google My Business listing correct?
- Is the bottom of the results page relevant?
If any of these factors are incorrect, you will need to review and optimise your site structure and homepage SEO.
Some technical SEO checks you can also do is check that your URL is SEO friendly. Check that every URL page is unique, formatted properly and includes keywords.
One important feature that can affect users on your site is the page speed, it not only affects your ranking but can ultimately affect your conversion rate.
To improve your page speed, you can:
- Update your website and its software to the latest version
- Make sure you have the latest version of PHP
- Use a cache plugin
- Minimalise your CSS and HTML to make the size smaller.
- Make the HTTP calls smaller by using browsing caching
- Use CDN if you have lots of images
- Compress your images to reduce the size of the image without losing quality
If you this doesn’t make sense to you, hire our SEO experts at Telsa Media, and we will complete an SEO audit on your website to enhance your rankings.
As mobile devices are often being used to search, it is crucial that your website is optimised for that device. If it doesn’t work on mobile, you are likely to lose traffic and rankings. There are many tools online to check what devices your website functions on or let Telsa Media do the hard work for you.
If you have followed all these steps to improve your SEO, congratulations! By making these adjustments, you will improve your rankings and enhance your organic traffic levels.
Struggling to understand exactly how to optimise your website? Unsure why it is not gaining a high position on the search results? Speak with our team at Telsa Media. With many years’ experience in SEO, we understand exactly how to get your website seen on the first page of the SERPs. Call us today on 0208 131 9627 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.